The Village of Holly hosts Halloween Trick-or-Treating periods with added activities and safety measures.
Main Street Holly will host “Holly-ween” on Saturday, October 29. The Halloween Parade begins at Oakland St. at 3 p.m. and ends at Crapo Park. Trick or Treating at downtown merchants will be from 4-5 p.m.
General Trick-or-Treating hours for the entire Village will be on Monday, October 31 from 6 – 8 p.m.
The Village of Holly Fire Department will scan and inspect candy at the Broad Street Fire Station from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
Extra neighborhood patrols will be available on Halloween night to make the evening safe for everyone.
Safety Tips For Parents and Kids:
- Carry a flashlight or chemical glow stick.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground, you could trip and fall.
- If you buy a costume make sure it is made of flame retardant material.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Avoid wearing masks when walking from house to house.
- Shoes should fit, even if they don’t go with your costume.
- Kids should only approach houses that are lit
- Stay on the sidewalks, if no sidewalks, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- It’s a good idea to stay in familiar neighborhoods.
- Be careful when crossing yards or driveways.
- Stay away from and don’t pet animals you don’t know.
- Although tampering is rare, tell kids to bring the candy home to inspect before they eat anything.
- Don’t carry fake swords, guns, knives, or similar accessories that look authentic. Make sure they’re flexible and cannot hurt anyone.
For Home Owners:
- Turn on the porch light.
- Try to make sure your yard is clear of; ladders, hoses, etc. that could cause someone to trip.
- Pets may get frightened at Halloween try to put them in a safe place.
- Try to hand out treats that are package sealed.
- Make sure flammable decorations are away from jack-o-lanterns.